Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A little off topic

Normally I only discuss sports here, but I'd like to stray off topic to something that hit me today.  I've realized that my favorite song of all time may be "Susanne" by Weezer.  It's not because the song is epic or complicated, but the sheer talent in Rivers Cuomo comes out in that song.  If you've never heard it, the song is played at the end of Mallrats and it's about an A&R Assistant at Geffen Records when Weezer was first starting out.  It just amazes me that someone can put those words to lyric about how someone touched his life.  I've been playing guitar since I was 14 years old and this song caused me to realize that Cuomo has more talent in his left pinky fingernail than I do overall.  I realize it's just a random thought, but I felt I should share it.  This song amazes me every time I hear it and I wish I could write songs like that guy.

1 Comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......